Director of Finance
At Lawmatics, our mission is to enable lawyers to focus on being the best lawyer they can be — to focus on the practice of law, not to worry about running the business of a law firm. That’s why we provide an intuitive, end-to-end client intake, CRM, and marketing automation platform for law firms and their employees. With Lawmatics, law firms win more business, impress clients, and are more efficient.
We are looking of a seasoned Director of Finance who will play a pivotal role in shaping our financial strategy and ensuring the financial health of our organization. As the Director of Finance, you will work closely with our CEO and Executive Team, providing leadership and direction in financial planning, analysis, and reporting. This is a unique opportunity to have a direct impact on the growth of a scale-up that is reshaping the legal tech landscape.
The ideal candidate has a proven track record of success in owning and operating the financial arm of a B2B Saas scale-up and driving the strategic direction while being able to also handle the day to day financial operations.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and manage financial models for the company's long-term strategic plan and annual operating plan, while maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Work closely with other members of the executive team to develop pricing strategies that reflect the value of our product in the market
- Take ownership of the P&L for the company and provide regular financial reporting to the CEO and Board of Directors
- Create and manage company KPIs, ensuring best practices for a SaaS company are followed
- Lead the annual budgeting process, forecasting and monitoring of expenditures, and provide recommendations based on financial analysis to improve financial performance
- Develop and oversee financial policies and procedures and ensure compliance with GAAP and other regulatory requirements
- Build a high-performing finance team that can effectively support the business
- Ensure the organization has the financial capability and capacity to support expansion as required.
- Prepare for and manage any and all financial materials necessary for a round of fundraising and facilitate the raise process should the company decide to do so
What You’ll Bring
- Proven success as a Director of Finance or similar role (5+ years), preferably in a B2B SaaS startup/scale-up environment
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field
- Strong knowledge of SaaS business models and subscription-based revenue recognition
- Proven strategic thinking and analytical skills along with a willingness to be hands-on and doer in the execution of financial plans
- Strong financial modeling, business planning, and budget forecasting experience
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work collaboratively across the organization
- Familiarity with financial accounting software and the ability to interpret complex financial reports
- Demonstrated leadership and organizational skills, teamwork mindset, attention to detail, ability to work under tight deadlines, and a passion details
- Highly self-motivated with a strong work ethic and team-player mentality
Lawmatics is the #1 Attorney-Client Relationship Management Platform, offering an end-to-end solution that provides law firms with client intake, CRM, and marketing automation, fully customizable campaigns, and powerful industry-specific app integrations. With Lawmatics, law firms win more business, impress clients, and are more efficient.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are proud to celebrate diversity and champion an inclusive workplace. No matter who you are, where you're from, who you love, how you think, or what you believe, all are encouraged to apply.