Back End Serverless Engineer
Posted on Monday, December 19, 2022
Are you passionate about technology and working for a growing company in a fast-paced environment?
Unleash live is a world-leading A.I. video analytics platform, helping our customers in the infrastructure, renewables and cities & transport spaces take vision from any camera and combine it with A.I. to deliver actionable insights in real-time.
After securing a Series A fundraising round, Unleash live is in an exciting expansion stage focused on the Australian and the US markets. People that are interested in travel and are flexible to work with our globally spread team are our best assets.
To be successful we are always looking for people that thrive in solving customer challenges, and are capable of developing technology that drives innovation.
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to grow their career, gain experience in multiple business units and likes access to the senior leadership team.
We have a young and dynamic, culturally diverse team that is based in Sydney, Poland and soon to be established in the US.
As a Backend Serverless Engineer you will be a key member of the Platform Engineering team and help in growing our cloud infrastructure and maintain existing processes using best practices and automation tools.
Key Traits of a Backend Serverless Engineer:
- Detail oriented - wear multiple hats in an organisation and must understand a variety of systems necessary to drive development efficiency.
- Collaborative - work collaboratively with development, we strive for automation so design automation strategies that monitor system processes.
- Proactive - Engineers must be able to anticipate, identify, and resolve availability issues before they cause adverse business impact.
- Ability to translate complex technical concepts into high-level designs and act as a subject matter expert in software design, architecture, implementation, deployment and support across our full platform.
- Building new microservices using our serverless stack based on AWS Lambda and Node.js
- Liaising with Frontend team to deliver the Product features
- Integrating with 3rd party APIs to fulfill the business goals
- Maintaining existing microservices
- Iterating on security KPIs for existing and new workloads
- Enhancing backend developer team collaboration with cutting-edge developer workflows
- Proficient in APIs, Node.js, Typescript, AWS infrastructure concepts
- Extensive experience with AWS services common to serverless architectures (AWS Lambda, AWS Appsync, API Gateway, DynamoDB, Cognito, AWS Batch, AWS IoT)
- Ability to create and maintain scalable REST and GraphQL APIs
- Extensive experience building serverless workflows using concepts of event driven architecture and distributed systems
- Ability to craft maintainable, testable and scalable software
- Knowledge of NoSQL database concepts
- Nice to have
- Experience with Python and uWSGI
- Experience in DynamoDB modeling concepts
- Experience with video streaming pipelines and knowledge of ffmpeg
- Experience in automation using Github Actions
- Experience working within a distributed team and project management in Github
- Personality / Style / Approach
- High levels of personal commitment and accountability
- Persistence, don’t give up easily
- Comfortable with making tradeoffs between quality and delivery speed
- Oriented about outcomes rather than outputs
- Attention to detail and dedication to quality
- Ability to work independently and cross-functionally with other members of the team
- Ability to communicate both good news and bad with urgency
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Our team is located across several continents with offices in the USA, Australia, and Europe. We work in an agile mode, on location and remote fashion supporting each other with a heavy bias towards open communication and high quality outcomes.
We are proud of our diverse cultural team and hybrid work environment. We believe building a team diverse in people, ideas and experiences allow individuals to perform at the highest level.