Senior DevOps Engineer
Open Position: Senior DevOps Engineer
Location: India Remote
We’re a small, diverse team working at the cutting edge of machine learning. At Symbl, our mission is to build machines that understand human conversations better than humans with safety, trust and reliability to unlock the true potential of mankind. Spoken Language is at the center of all communications and it can be difficult and expensive to parse the behavior, syntax, semantics, and context that all work together to give words meaning to voice. Symbl platform provides access to pre-trained language models through its APIs that are custom built on millions of spoken minutes to understand the nuances of meaning, sentiment, and intent of the words we speak as opposed to what we write.
We recently raised our Series A, signed a multi-year partnership with Google Cloud, and we are focused on bringing our technology to market. We will partner with customers so they can build voice understanding and generation into their products with just a few lines of code.
We’re ambitious — we believe our technology will fundamentally transform how industries interact with voice and build solutions and experiences that truly differentiate their business. And we have the technical chops and market understanding to back it up. We have built large scale and secure - enterprise grade developer products from API Gateways to Conversation AI platform and our entire team is world-class.
We are focused on creating a diverse and inclusive work environment so that all of our team members can thrive. We welcome resilient and brilliant people to our team, from wherever they come to solve complex problems that are unsolved and unstructured at times.
Why this role?
- Promote passionate DevOps culture that is driving massively scalable, highly reliable, resilient services in a fast-growing customer and engineering-focused company
- Hands-on experience to proactively build reliability into the product
- Setting and maintaining SLAs, SLOs, and SLIs
- Managing Cost across all operations
- Plan and prioritize operations projects
- Manage all on-call incident response process and operations shifts
- Develop and improve the overall observability of the application and infrastructure
- Proactively test the flexibility and resilience of the system by partnering with the appropriate stakeholders.
- Evaluate new technologies, design and implement as appropriate.
Please Note: Although we have concentration centers in Seattle, WA and Pune, IN - there are no restrictions on where you can be located for this role - we are fully remote.
Working as a Senior DevOps Engineer, you will:
- You have 7+ years of experience working in cloud-based systems operations, as a Linux systems administrator, SRE or DevOps engineer.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or a related degree
- Deep knowledge public cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP and Azure)
- Experience required with Terraform, Helm, Docker and relevant deployment frameworks.
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipelines and orchestration tools; understanding of the deployment and operations of large-scale SaaS applications; familiarity with the testing, staging, and production stages using microservices-based architectures on public and private clouds
- You have a good understanding of computer networking, TCP/UDP, load balancing, distributed computing, web services, and the fundamental protocols used by the internet (HTTP, HTTPS, DNS, etc.). You have experience supporting production workloads and are familiar with monitoring and tooling and are able to take part in an on-call rotation
You may be a good fit if you have:
- You’ll have a lot of autonomy in the team
- You’ll work with kubernetes in production and we’ll help you get up to speed if needed
- You will be able to make a visible impact quickly and will have a strong influence on the team’s direction, tooling, processes and technology choices
- You will work on many open source projects
If some of the above doesn’t line up perfectly with your experience, we still encourage you to apply! If you consider yourself a thoughtful worker, a lifelong learner, and a kind and playful team member, Symbl is the place for you.
We welcome applicants of all kinds and are committed to providing both an equal opportunity process and work environment. We value and celebrate diversity and strive to create an inclusive work environment for all.
🤝 An open and inclusive culture and work environment
🧑💻 Work closely with a team on the cutting edge of AI research
🦷 Full health and dental benefits for you and majority coverage for your family
🐣 Parental Leave
🎨Annual Learning and Development Stipend + Monthly wellness stipend for your gym membership or food delivery
🏙 Remote-flexible WFH stipend with co-working days to meet the local team and community.
✈️ Unlimited vacation
How to Apply:
Email with your cover letter including any relevant links to Github or your recent publications to [email hidden]. We look forward to getting to know you!