Staff Backend Engineer
Lawyaw is a vertical SaaS platform focused on enabling the digitization of legal services. Our platform solves a foundational gap in the market by making it easy to incorporate programmable documents into digital workflows. As a result we are transforming the $150B consumer legal services market by making access to legal services faster, cheaper and more convenient. We are currently power over 1,000 law firms and growing quickly, but have so much more to build!
As a staff level backend engineering lead you will be in charge of designing and maintaining the core services and architecture that enables Lawyaw. While most of your time will be spent designing and building out core software systems at scale. You'll also be taking time lead and mentor a team of engineers to maintain and build out these core software systems.
We're looking for people with a strong background and passion for building successful backend systems, services and APIs that deliver impactful product values to our customers. You are comfortable in dealing with changes. You love to take initiatives, and have a bias towards action.
- Design, build, and maintain scalable, reliable and performant services and systems
- Work with a wide range of systems, processes and technologies to own and solve technical and product problems
- Uphold our high engineering and product standards, and elevate quality and engineering efficiency to the shared codebases and processes
- Lead a team of engineers and collaborate with stakeholders across the organization.
We're looking for someone who has
- 5+ years of industry experience shipping production backend code.
- Proven ability to lead project initiatives from ideation to completion including rollout, documentation, monitoring and analytics.
- The ability to work in a fast paced, high growth environment.
- A strong foundation in software and systems architecture.
Founded in 2016, Lawyaw provides the market-leading solution for cloud-based legal document automation, which helps law firms save time, increase profitability, and reduce errors. The company is an alumnus of Y-Combinator (W18), and is on the verge of a period of rapid growth thanks to increasing adoption of remote technologies since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic as well as strong product market fit and excellent customer satisfaction (NPS>50). www.lawyaw.com